- Class agenda (in Courses document)
- Class hours are from 9am-5pm. VirPack offices open at 8:30am, class starts promptly at 9am and lasts until 5pm. Registrants are encouraged to arrive 15 minutes early to be able to start on time.
- Business Casual attire
- Lunches are included
- Dinner first night included
- VirPack reserves the right to reschedule class if less than two students are registered
- The VirPack suite is 975
- The suite is secure and participants will need to ring the bell when they arrive
- There is guest Wi-Fi in the VirPack office
- There is a deli/café in the Lower Lobby (LL) of the building where snacks and drinks can be purchased
- Coffee, tea, and water are available in the suite
- Luggage storage is available in office if needed
- Location of office in relation to airports, metro, Union Station, and Courtyard Marriott hotel: Google Maps
- Business Casual attire for the office and the VirPack dinner the first evening
- Depending on the weather (McLean 10 day forecast) you may want to bring warm outerwear and an umbrella
- Packing only a carry-on will be helpful in skipping the checked baggage lines
- A sweater or light jacket for the office
- Pack medicine(s) in your carry-on
- Travel size toiletries in a quart size zip-lock bag
- If you are bringing a laptop or tablet, remember the power cord!
- Phone power cord
- Business cards
- Courtyard Marriot - $219 VirPack rate using the corporate code 3VK at the following link: www.marriott.com
- Shuttle service - The Marriott shuttle vans run within a 1 mile radius of Tysons Corner. Guests can check in with the Front Desk each morning shuttle service is needed. Please call the hotel at least 30 minutes prior for pick up in the evening.
When to Schedule Travel Arrivals and Departures
Participants may arrive to the VirPack offices as early as 8:30am. Classes start at 9am sharp. To avoid missing part of the class, we recommend that you arrive the day/evening before the first class.
Departures should be scheduled for after 6:30pm on the last training day. The airport security lines can be very long in the DC area and you need to give yourself enough time to get through them and to your gate. Taking a train in the evening will also require planning as getting to and from the stations in rush-hour traffic from Tysons Corner can be challenging. Booking a late departure and then traveling stand-by for an earlier time may be an option as well.
Traffic all around the capital area and Northern Virginia is pretty heavy at just about any time of the day. Please give yourself enough time to get to where you are going in case of traffic delays, construction, weather, etc.
- Closest to VirPack office: Washington Dulles International Airport (1 Saarinen Cir, Sterling, VA 20166):
- Closest to DC: Reagan National Airport (2401 S Smith Blvd, Arlington, VA 22202):
- Amtrak: Union Station in Washington DC (50 Massachusetts Avenue NE, Union Station, Washington, DC 20002)
- Washington DC area subway system connecting MD, DC and VA
- Reston Express Taxi: 703-402-1137
- Fairfax Yellow Cab: 703-534-1111
- Eco Ride: 703-501-1152
- Super Shuttle: 800-258-3826
- Falcon Valet Limousine: 800-844-0752
- Dulles Sedan: 703-853-3015
- DCAcar: 240-477-9877
Guest parking is located on the P4 level of the parking garage. Access is available from the Greensboro Drive entrance to the right side of the building. There is a ramp leading to an upper deck; some parking is covered. Walk to the pergola near the staircase that leads down to the rear entrance of the 8300 Greensboro building. The parking deck is attached to 1600 International Drive, which is not our building.
- Health Care
- Fitness Centers
- Things to Do / Sightseeing