Director of Product Management
VirPack is a leading provider of virtual document management, workflow, and eDelivery solutions for the mortgage industry for more than 20 years. Our platform helps lenders improve efficiency and reduce costs by virtually managing loan documents and facilitating automated workflows and file indexing with full text OCR to significantly increase productivity and modernize business operations.
The Director of Product Management is responsible for the vision, direction, and adoption of VirPack’s products. The Director of Product Management will work with Development, Sales, and Customer Success teams to understand the needs of customers, prospects, and the existing product to enhance and maintain VirPack products in a manner that aligns with VirPack’s corporate direction.
A successful Director of Product Management will possess a blend of business acumen, technical insight, and long term planning and strategy in order to bring the product vision to reality. The Director of Product Management will be versed in understanding customer and market needs with a keen ability to ascertain the currently unspoken need of market segments.
Leveraging an understanding of the mortgage industry as a foundation, the Director of Product Management is responsible for understanding the competitive landscape as well as current mortgage industry trends to develop product plans that lead to successful customer acquisition and increased market presence.
As the product champion, the Director of Product Management must be able to understand and communicate customer and prospect needs and wants to the VirPack organization. Through a collaborative and iterative agile design process, the Director of Product Management is expected to manage the product design process, hand off to development and QA, and subsequent delivery to VirPack’s customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with sales, customer success, and development to evaluate and prioritize opportunities and develop strategy.
- Prepare, maintain, and communicate the product roadmap, defining product enhancements for short and long-term releases based on business opportunities and market research.
- Managing the product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research using multiple channels supported by on-going calls and visits to customers and prospects.
- Create feature descriptions and user stories to provide guidance to Business Analysts and contribute and approve the product-related Business Requirements Documents.
- Monitor and analyze new technologies and inform the company of their potential applications to our business.
- Become subject matter expert in product’s markets and provide vision and leadership to technology R&D efforts.
- Help develop and deploy key market messages, documentation, and product collateral for various teams. (Including Release Notes, demonstrations, and customer webcasts.)
- Develop and deliver concise and meaningful presentations for internal and external audiences, including education and training of sales, training, customer success, and marketing.
- Act as a product champion within the company.
- Managing the business analyst team and product solutions team to ensure individual and departmental growth.
- Define new processes and standards for business analysts focused on providing quality requirements development and QA.
- Responsible for product launch and release plans. Coordinates internal and external product launches working with sales, customer success, vendors, training, and marketing.
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience
- Product management certification is a plus.
- Combined 10-15 years of experience in Product Management, mortgage lending, or mortgage technology.
- Demonstrated success defining, launching, and maintaining core products
- Basic knowledge of SaaS product delivery and agile development processes
- Exemplary communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and prioritize to meet deadlines
- Keen ability to pivot priorities and goals for each day
- Ability to communicate ideas, needs, and goals across teams with diplomacy, tact, and respect
- Ability to openly accept and respond to difficult conversations that involve resistance and criticism
- Positive team player attitude is a requirement
- Competitive Salary
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Comprehensive Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- This position is located in Blacksburg, VA with consideration for full-time remote candidates.
VirPack is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, veteran, or disability status.